VT-Carilion Fellowship Bonaire Dive Medicine Trip
Cost: ~$600 (based on double occupancy, includes ground transportation, meals, lodging).
Flights: Not included
Diving not included: See Dive Friends Bonaire
for rental gear, tank rental ($180 for unlimited shore dives x6 days), courses. This is not included. Lots of free time for diving, dive certification.
- Identify and discuss treatment of marine envenomations
- Discuss pathophysiology, signs/symptoms, evaluation and treatment of DCS (decompression sickness) including AGE (Air Gas Embolism)
- Discuss oxygen toxicity and discuss use of Nitrox for diving
- Discuss considerations for chronic medical conditions in diving
- Discuss indication for HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) related to dive accidents
- Discuss identification and treatment of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
Sat May 26th: Arrive in Bonaire
Typical days will include lectures and case based learning in the morning and evening with opportunities to dive, kite board or sail during the day.
Sat June 2nd: Depart Bonaire
Accommodations: Private Villa in Bonaire with pool
Double occupancy per room (mix of single beds, king beds in the 6 bedrooms)
Dive Friends Bonaire
Bonaire Tourism Official Site