VT-Carilion Fellowship Bonaire Dive Medicine Trip
Dates: Nov 7-16
Cost: TBD (based on double occupancy, includes ground transportation, meals, lodging).
Flights: Not included
Diving not included: See Dive Friends Bonaire
for rental gear, tank rental, courses. This is not included. Lots of free time for diving, dive certification.
- Identify and discuss treatment of marine envenomations
- Discuss pathophysiology, signs/symptoms, evaluation and treatment of DCS (decompression sickness) including AGE (Air Gas Embolism)
- Discuss oxygen toxicity and discuss use of Nitrox for diving
- Discuss considerations for chronic medical conditions in diving
- Discuss indication for HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) related to dive accidents
- Discuss identification and treatment of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
Dive Friends Bonaire
Bonaire Tourism Official Site